Thank you, Rene.

Is that a hard requirement? If so, then I will have to wait until we update to
Java 11 (which is not scheduled at this time), so I’ll likely have to abandon
for now.

Shouldn’t it be possible to compile in Java 8, though? This page states that
JRE8 is the requirement:

  —> https://james.apache.org/server/quick-start.html

Cheers,
=David