On 06.05.20 16:44, Raphaël Ouazana-Sustowski wrote:
On my Linux box `mvn -DskipTests clean package` is working fine (I can even add -T1C to make it faster). I skip tests because there are very long (about 2h) and better reproducibe via Docker.

On my Ubuntu Linux box, at the end I also have succeeded to compile the project. It required some actions. First, no JAVA_HOME is defined, so the build failed. For that, launch maven defining it:

JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64 mvn -DskipTests clean package

The build then failed at:

mock-smtp-server: Building image tarball failed, perhaps you should make sure your credentials for 'registry-1.docker.io/library/openjdk' are set up correctly. See https://github.com/GoogleContainerTools/jib/blob/master/docs/faq.md#what-should-i-do-when-the-registry-responds-with-unauthorized for help:

From the help, my installation has docker-credential-secretservice, so this is added to the .docker/config.json:

|{"credsStore":"||secretservice"}|

Trying again, it came another error related to reaching the maximum number of openfiles:

[ERROR] /home/pablo/dev/jp/james-project/server/container/guice/cassandra-rabbitmq-guice/src/main/java/org/apache/james/modules/DistributedTaskManagerModule.java:[43,8] error while writing org.apache.james.modules.DistributedTaskManagerModule: /home/pablo/dev/jp/james-project/server/container/guice/cassandra-rabbitmq-guice/target/classes/org/apache/james/modules/DistributedTaskManagerModule.class: Too many open files

For this one, I increased that number in /etc/sysctl.conf

fs.file-max = 2097152

And in the bash session,

ulimit -n 4096

Check it: ulimit -aHS

After that, the james-project finally compiled.