What are the errors in your James.log file?

By the way, I had set up my James files to locate my logs in a configurable
directory by setting up a ‘log_dir’ variable in the properties file and
locating all logs in log_dir. That makes it easier for organizations that are
required to move their logs to a certain directory for monitoring and sharing
purposes when the James admin is separate from the server admin

Sent from my iPhone