Hi Mandy,

On 10/03/2013 06:50 PM, Mandy Chung wrote:
> What other command-line options are missing besides
> -server/-client/-d32/-d64?

These four were problematic "in the wild". I didn't see any other
options that are problematic, but does not mean there is none other.

> RuntimeMXBean.getVmName() tells you whether server or client, 32-bit or
> 64-bit JVM is running.   Would that satisfy your need?

Immediate need: possibly, but this requires stringly guesswork.

Moving forward, I can foresee different VMs being requested which can
not be guessed that easily. Think -XXaltjvm= or some other black magic
in launcher. Because of that, I think more generic solution (like the
variant being proposed) is more viable.

-Aleksey.