On 2014-12-30 18:35, Jaroslav Bachorik wrote:
The affected files are pretty stable so we could remove *all* the logging related methods. When a necessity arises to have a configurable logging we would just need to re-introduce it properly.

Right, I'll leave the patch as-is when it comes to code changes.

This got me thinking - a comment warning about the possible performance issues when adding logging could be added as a courtesy to the later maintainers.

If so, what should we write? I'm not sure we really need to be this cautious in this particular code, and I hope future maintainers will care about performance at least as much as we are without well-meaning warnings.

I guess something like "// 8028357 removed old, inefficient debug logging" in place of the DEBUG declaration in each affected file wouldn't be too busy and also give future maintainers a handle to this changeset and thus this discussion. Would that suffice?

/Claes

-JB-