Hi Staffan,

On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 1:25 PM, Staffan Larsen <staffan.lar...@oracle.com>
wrote:

> Cleaning up like this is important if the JVM is being run many time
> inside the same host process (think applets within a browser), but this is
> becoming much less common. I wonder if it works at all at this point.

I did not know that was even a thing. I would have thought that there are
many process global resources which are monopolised by the VM - though
right off the bat I only can think of signal handling, and Windows as the
main desktop platform has stack-based exception handling which could
coexist with other VMs.

But I would think this could never work on Unix-like platforms, or?

Kind Regards, Thomas