Hi Harsha,

Changes look reasonable to me, couple of things that must be addressed:

1. Since this is a main-stream launcher change with a documented and supported option, a CSR is required, you have to add and document the option in the help page
http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk/jdk/file/8cc67294ec56/src/java.base/share/classes/sun/launcher/resources/launcher.properties

2. You also have to create a doc bug so that the doc team will document it in the Tools Reference Guide, and link it to this bug. Does it need a Release note ? probably does, in which case you will have to create Release Note subtask and follow the RN process.

3. Is XmanagementAgentTest.java part of tier1 test suite ? If not, then I think it ought to be in tier1 grouping, perhaps best to park this under jdk/tools/launcher/management ?

Kumar

Hi All,

After internal discussions, below format for management flags was agreed upon.

1. --start-management-agent port=1234,ssl=on        (space seperator)
or
2. --start-management-agent=port=1234,ssl=on        ('=' seperator)

If option 1 is specified, it will be converted to option 2 by the java launcher before it is passed onto VM.

With above GNU long format for management options, specifying arguments is mandatory unlike before.

--start-management-agent will not be recognized in the current format and hence will not default to --start-management-agent=local=true.

Below is the webrev with above changes and corresponding tests.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~hb/8187498/webrev.01/

Please review and comment.

Thanks
Harsha