Hi Christoph,

I'm somewhat new to looking at submit-hs test jobs. However I see know indication of there being a submit for JDK-8201247, so I don't think it was run. I'll start my own testing with the last patch you sent out.

thanks,

Chris

On 4/10/18 1:01 PM, Langer, Christoph wrote:
Hi Chris,

I ran the jtreg tests under hotspot/jtreg/serviceability/attach and
jdk/com/sun/tools/attach for the main platforms (Windows, Linux X86_64, mac,
solaris and AIX).

I also pushed to submit-hs in branch "JDK-8201247" but it seems I have no luck
and got no notification mails. May I ask you to check whether the build/test cycle was
run and how the results looked like?

Please also do your closed testing and let me know the outcome.

Thanks a lot in advance
Christoph

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Plummer [mailto:chris.plum...@oracle.com]
Sent: Montag, 9. April 2018 20:05
To: Langer, Christoph <christoph.lan...@sap.com>; serviceability-
d...@openjdk.java.net
Cc: hotspot-...@openjdk.java.net
Subject: Re: RFR (M): 8201247: Various cleanups in the attach framework

Hi Christoph,

We have some closed "attach on demand" tests that should be run also. I
can do this for you when you are ready. Please also let me know which
other jtreg tests you have run.

thanks,

Chris

On 4/9/18 12:08 AM, Langer, Christoph wrote:
Hi Chris,

thanks for looking into this.

As for ArgumentIterator::next, I must admit, I found this patch in our code
base when taking over the code. I believe that an issue would be seen if an
attach operation has 2 or 3 arguments and the first one is NULL/empty. I
guess such a situation can't happen with the attach operations currently
existing in OpenJDK as none of these ops would allow such type of
arguments. However, in our implementation, we have for instance enhanced
the "dump_heap" operation to work with null as first argument where one
usually would specify the desired output file name. We implemented a
mechanism to compute a default filename when the param is left blank. So
we need the fix for that case, I guess.
I'll run the patch through the submission forest now and do some jtreg
testing.
Best regards
Christoph