Hi Daniil,

Is it not possible that the VMDeath would happen later in the case of:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dtitov/8218401/webrev.01/test/hotspot/jtreg/vmTestbase/nsk/jvmti/FramePop/framepop002/framepop002.cpp.html

For example, that callbacks are not yet disabled when we pass the new test:

+    if (!callbacksEnabled) {
+        return;
+    }

But gets disabled right after? (this is for my own understanding of what is
possible or not :-))

Thanks!
Jc

On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 4:08 PM Daniil Titov <daniil.x.ti...@oracle.com>
wrote:

> Please review the change that fixes 3 tests that intermittently fail with
> JVMTI_ERROR_WRONG_PHASE error.
>
> The problem here is that the callbacks these tests enable keep processing
> events and perform JVMTI calls after VM is terminated. The fix makes these
> test listen for VMDeath event and  quick return from the callbacks after
> VMDeath event is received.
>
> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dtitov/8218401/webrev.01/
>
> Thanks!
> -Daniil