Hi Serguei and JC,

Please review a new version of the fix that locks a monitor across the
callbacks, as Serguei suggested.

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dtitov/8218401/webrev.02/

Thanks!
--Daniil

On 3/18/19, 9:47 AM, "serguei.spit...@oracle.com" <serguei.spit...@oracle.com>
wrote:

    Hi Daniil,

    The JVMTI phase can change in the middle of callback work after the
    check you added.
    I'd suggest to lock a raw monitor across the callbacks to make them atomic.

    Thank you for taking care about this issue!

    Thanks,
    Serguei

    On 3/15/19 16:08, Daniil Titov wrote:
    > Please review the change that fixes 3 tests that intermittently fail with
JVMTI_ERROR_WRONG_PHASE error.

    > The problem here is that the callbacks these tests enable keep processing
events and perform JVMTI calls after VM is terminated. The fix makes these test
listen for VMDeath event and  quick return from the callbacks after VMDeath
event is received.