On Tue, 20 Oct 2020 17:43:07 GMT, Aleksey Shipilev <sh...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Well, I am replacing the entire file. There is a recent precedent of the
>> similar change
>> [here](https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/commit/6d13c766#diff-0daf75421f8fdb55a5640742ef6f12730fe1b370cc864311c188ad99996b51fe).
>> Either that should be reversed, or this one accepted.
>
> ...or I can put new test into a separate file. But the existing test is quite
> inferior compared to the new one, so it
> does not seem to make a lot of sense to keep it.

It was mistake in 8253191 (I file bug). If you modify existing file (even if
you keep only test name the same) you have
to preserve original Copyright and add new Copyright line. You don't need
create new file. We have a lot of cases with
2 or more Copyright lines - it is normal:
https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/blob/master/test/hotspot/jtreg/compiler/vectorization/TestVectorsNotSavedAtSafepoint.java