On Wed, 20 Jan 2021 20:36:35 GMT, Vladimir Kozlov <k...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Igor Veresov has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
>> commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   Fix another s390 compilation failure
>
> src/hotspot/share/aot/aotCodeHeap.cpp line 194:
>
>> 192:   // AOT libs are loaded before heap initialized so shift values are
>> not set.
>> 193:   // It is okay since ObjectAlignmentInBytes flag which defines shifts
>> value is set before AOT libs are loaded.
>> 194:   // Set shifts value based on first AOT library config.
>
> Why this code is removed?

It's always running with the tiered policy now. Prior to this change if you
attempted to run an AOT library with tiered-style profiling compiled in with
the non-tiered policy it wouldn't work correctly. That's why we had this check.
Now tiered is the only policy, so it will work correctly whether you have the
AOT code with profiling or not.