> This change removes the legacy compilation policy and an emulation mode to
> the tiered policy to simulate the old behavior with
> ```-XX:-TieredCompilation```. The change removed a bunch of interpreter code,
> devirtualizes the compilation policy API, adds a consistent way to query
> compiler configuration with the new ```CompilerConfig``` API.
>
> I've tested this with hs-tier{1,2,3,4,5}. And also made sure it builds and
> works with C1/C2-Graal/AOT being enabled/disabled.
>
> Since there are platform-specific changes I would greatly appreciate some
> help from the maintainers of the specific ports to verify the build and run
> basic smoke tests. I've already tested x64 and aarch64. Thanks!

Igor Veresov has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
commit since the last revision:

  Check legacy flags validity before deriving flag values for emulation mode.

Changes:
  - new: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/pull/1985/files/dfffc35b..82dffbe9

Webrevs:
 - full: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=1985&range=03