> This is a Zero infrastructure improvement that makes Zero VM work with
> AsyncGetCallTrace, and by extension, async-profiler.
>
> Zero is quite odd in stack management. The "real" stack actually contains the
> C++ Interpreter and the rest of VM code. The Java stack is reported through
> the usual "frame" mechanism the rest of VM uses to get the mapping from
> Template Interpreter, stub, and compiled code. So, to support Java-centric
> AsyncGetCallTrace, we t "only" need Zero to report the proper Java frames
> from its ZeroStack from the profiling/signal handlers.
>
> Additional testing:
>  - [x] Linux x86_64 Zero `serviceability/AsyncGetCallTrace` now pass
>  - [x] Linux x86_64 Zero works with `async-profiler`

Aleksey Shipilev has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a
merge or a rebase. The incremental webrev excludes the unrelated changes
brought in by the merge/rebase. The pull request contains seven additional
commits since the last revision:

 - Merge branch 'master' into JDK-8274903-zero-asyncgetcalltrace
 - Fix a comment
 - Merge branch 'master' into JDK-8274903-zero-asyncgetcalltrace
 - More reviews
 - Review feedback
 - Merge branch 'master' into JDK-8274903-zero-asyncgetcalltrace
 - Initial work: runs async-profiler successfully

Changes:
  - new: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/pull/5848/files/bc4ba33b..373f15ae

Webrevs:
 - full: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=5848&range=04
 - incr: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=5848&range=03-04

  Stats: 22783 lines in 424 files changed: 13220 ins; 6227 del; 3336 mod
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk pull/5848/head:pull/5848