On Wed, 31 May 2023 22:13:08 GMT, Chris Plummer <cjplum...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> We can't currently test `jcmd JVMTI.agent_load` with
>> `-XX:-EnableDynamicAgentLoading` due to JDK-8304438. But this test is for
>> warnings, not that dynamic loading is disallowed.
>
> @AlanBateman  @sspitsyn Can this be revisited now that JDK-8304438 is being
> worked on? Perhaps the changes to JDK-8304438 can include an update to this
> test, although it all depends on which is being pushed first.

The tests have different concerns. The test here is checking that warnings are
printed or can be suppressed. Tests for -EnableDynamicAgentLoading are a
different concern. I see Serguei is expanding test coverage as part of
JDK-8304438 so I think we are good.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/13899#discussion_r1212624593