On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 11:51:15 GMT, Matthias Baesken <mbaes...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Currently, a number of tests fail on macOS because they miss the core file
>> (e.g. serviceability/sa/TestJmapCore.java).
>> The reason is that configure detects on some setups that codesign does not
>> work ("checking if debug mode codesign is possible... no) .
>> So adding the needed entitlement to generate cores is not done in the build.
>> This is currently not checked later in the tests.
>> But without the entitlement, a core is not generated.
>
> Matthias Baesken has updated the pull request incrementally with one
>
>   move javaPath into caller

Changes requested by cjplummer (Reviewer).

test/lib/jdk/test/lib/Platform.java line 276:

> 274:     }
> 275:
> 276:     public static boolean hasPlistEntriesOSX() throws IOException {

Although I understand why you chose this API name (it mimics the form used for
`isHardenedOSX`), I don't think it is a good choice. `isHardenedOSX` is short
for "is this a hardened OSX system". That mapping does not work with
`hasPlistEntriesOSX`, which is more like "does this OSX system have plist
entries". I would suggest `hasOSXPlistEntries`.

test/lib/jdk/test/lib/util/CoreUtils.java line 154:

> 152:                 }
> 153:             } else {
> 154:                 // codesign has to add entitlements using the plist, if
> this is not present we might not generate a core file

Suggestion:

PR Review: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14562#pullrequestreview-1499040669
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14562#discussion_r1242519320
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14562#discussion_r1242520818