On Fri, 26 Jan 2024 08:01:59 GMT, Alexander Kriegisch <d...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> > BB currently opens the jdk.internal.misc.Unsafe class to a module on a
> > seperate class loader that is not reachable outside an agent, using
> > Instrumentation.
>
> @raphw, may I ask how? Is there any sample code that is not connected to the
> BB code base with its nested classes, interfaces etc.? I know, that caters
> nicely to the fluent DSL BB provides, but to me it is just a maze of code
> that is hard to comprehend.

Agents should not be using the JDK's internal Unsafe. This needs to said in the
strongest possible terms.

For the discussion, it would be useful to provide a brief summary on what
AspectJ is trying to do with this weaving. This PR was originally about load
time instrumentation defining auxiliary classes, as you might get at compile
time when compiling a source file containing more than one class.. I can't tell
from your comments here or in Eclipse 546305 if this is relevant to what you
are trying to do or not. It may even be better to start a new discussion on
serviceability-dev.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/3546#issuecomment-1911661044