On Fri, 8 Mar 2024 07:09:53 GMT, Alan Bateman <al...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Can you look at it again? That test has a copy of `Object.java` so needs to
> be updated every time we touch `Object.java`. It's an annoying tax and I hope
> there is a JBS issue to replace that test. In this case, it will be benign
> because the instrumented version will just clear the interrupt status of both
> threads twice, but at the same time, it will be out of sync with
> `Object.wait`.

This test is passing with removed the `Object.wait catch (InterruptedException
e) block` in the test (instrumented version?) version of the `Object.java`.

I'm thinking if it makes sense to restore the removed `catch
(InterruptedException e)`  block in
`src/java.base/share/classes/java/lang/Object.java`. It will make David more
happy, and also remove a potential issue with the test
`vmTestbase/nsk/jvmti/scenarios/bcinstr/BI04/bi04t002`. Clearing the interrupt
status twice does not looks that bad.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/18093#issuecomment-1985676250