On Fri, 15 Mar 2024 09:06:33 GMT, Serguei Spitsyn <sspit...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Personally I'd prefer to see changes limited to just JVMTI `RawMonitorWait`.
>> That minimises the risk of any unintended consequences from making the
>> change.
>
> I've restored the `InterruptedException` catch in the `Object.wait`.
> However, the fix in `JavaThread::is_interrupted()` also impacts the
> variations of `sleep_nanos()`.

So the current changes do not limit this to just `RawMonitorWait`. I was
expecting to only see additional code in `RawMonitorWait` that emulates what
the Java code does to get the virtual and carrier thread interrupt states in
sync, using the interruptLock.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/18093#discussion_r1526041006