On Thu, 21 Mar 2024 14:41:36 GMT, Jaikiran Pai <j...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Bill Huang has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
>> commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   Implemented review comments
>
> test/jdk/com/sun/management/HotSpotDiagnosticMXBean/CheckOrigin.java line 57:
>
>> 55:
>> 56:             File flagsFile = File.createTempFile("CheckOriginFlags",
>> null);
>> 57:             flagsFile.deleteOnExit();
>
> Hello Bill, jtreg uses a scratch directory when running tests. When a test is
> launched, the current working directory points to the scratch directory for
> the test that's currently executing. jtreg manages the lifecycle of scratch
> directories and even cleans them up (as necessary).
> Would it instead be better to just create the temporary file within the jtreg
> scratch directory (represented by the current working directory)? That way
> you could just do:
>

> File flagsFile = Files.createTempFile(Path.of("."), "CheckOriginFlags",
> null).toFile();
>
> and don't need any explicit deletions?

Hi Jaikiran, I think both solutions work for this bug. I personally prefer to
place the files in the scratch directory for the ease of debugging.
In addition, for this specific test, I am considering using
File.createTempFile("CheckOriginaFlags", null, Path.of(".").toFile) instead of
Files.createTempFile for consistency purposes, as Files.createTempFile may have
more restrictive access permissions.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/18352#discussion_r1534283105