On Wed, 27 Mar 2024 12:36:31 GMT, Matthias Baesken <mbaes...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Sorry maybe it is maybe obvious for you but where should I open a "docs CR",
> would that be a separate JBS issue with Component name docs ?

You would file a JBS issue with component "docs" and subcategory "hotspot". But
let's hold off on that for now until if it is decided if the PR is going to be
pushed. My main reason for mentioning it was to point out additional fallout of
this change.

> Should I include the HeapDumpGzipLevel in the same "docs CR" (but this might
> be bad for potential backporting) ?

Backporting also came to mind since the trouble shooting guide would need to be
updated for each Oracle version this PR is backported to. And yes,
HeapDumpGzipLevel docs need to match the actual implementation. I'm not sure if
HeapDumpGzipLevel has been backported to 8, 11, and 17 (in the open for for the
Oracle release).  I'm inclined to say a separate jbs issue should track
updating docs for HeapDumpGzipLevel, but then we also have the question of
whether or not HeapDumpGzipLevel should impact the jcmd if this PR is to be
pushed.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/18190#issuecomment-2024147551