On Tue, 9 Apr 2024 06:00:21 GMT, David Holmes <dhol...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> sounds far too general. I would have expected something that was obviously
> connected to jcmd and/or the specific jcmd under discussion.

I don't expect so many more of these, but EnableVMInspectDCmd looked too
specific, I didn't want to pursue a 1:1 mapping of a diagnostic command to
feature, so looked for something more general.

To HotSpot it's a Diagnostic Command, to users it's a jcmd, so maybe don't want
to specifically say either in the flag.

But EnableVMInspect is not right (there are many ways we inspect the VM!), and
EnableVMInspectFeatures or UnlockVMInspectionFeatures again might be too
generic.

Next suggestion:

EnableVMInspectCommand

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17655#issuecomment-2045006108