On Fri, 14 Jun 2024 23:05:50 GMT, Leonid Mesnik <lmes...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> The nsk jdi,jdb,jdwp test suites support remote and manual launchers that
>> are not used.
>> These launchers might be configured by test options, however no tests use
>> these options.
>> The remote launchers allow to run debugee on another host which is not
>> supported by jtreg and not seems useful for testing. The manual debuggee
>> launcher might be used to connect launch debuggee manually and also not used.
>>
>> These modes have never been used last 15 years as I know.
>>
>> So just removed a bunch of useless code.
>>
>> Also, I moved implementation of the single Debugee realization into Debugee
>> itself for jdi/jdwp/jdb.
>
> Leonid Mesnik has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   fixed error message

test/hotspot/jtreg/vmTestbase/nsk/share/jdb/Launcher.java line 124:

> 122:         } else if (argumentHandler.isListeningConnector()) {
> 123:
> 124:             localLaunchAndListen(jdbCmdArgs, classToExecute);

I'd suggest getting rid of all the empty lines. Not sure why they were there in
the first place.

test/hotspot/jtreg/vmTestbase/nsk/share/jpda/DebugeeArgumentHandler.java line
699:

> 697:                 || option.equals("debugee.host")
> 698:                 || option.equals("test.host")) {
> 699:             throw new RuntimeException("debugee.host option is not
> supported.");

Suggestion:

            throw new RuntimeException(""" + option + "" option is not
supported.");

test/hotspot/jtreg/vmTestbase/nsk/share/jpda/DebugeeProcess.java line 78:

> 76:
> 77:     /** Need or not to check debuggee process termination. */
> 78:     private boolean checkTermination = true;

What is the impact of this change to our current testing?

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19729#discussion_r1640413035
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19729#discussion_r1640428196
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19729#discussion_r1640429115