On Thu, 18 Jul 2024 15:00:41 GMT, Daniel Lundén <dlun...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> We are seeing quite a few timeouts for
> `serviceability/sa/ClhsdbDumpheap.java` running with -Xcomp in testing,
> possibly related to
> [JDK-8324241](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8324241). We should disable
> running `ClhsdbDumpheap.java` with -Xcomp, at least for now.
>
> ### Changeset
>
> - Add `@requires vm.compMode != "Xcomp"` to `ClhsdbDumpheap.java`.

I think the proper way to do this would be to add the test to
ProblemList-Xcomp.txt, not by using `@requires`, unless we have determined that
the nature of the test suggests that it is not appropriate to run with -Xcomp
(I haven't seen any evidence of this. yet). That fact that the issue is new
would suggest that there is some underlying bug that needs to be better
understood.

However, I'm not so sure even problem listing is the right thing to do at this
point. I don't see any cases of this test timing out in our CI and I don't see
any links in the CR to runs that are failing. I do see mach5 adhoc runs failing
with the timeout, but they all contains user diffs that could also be related
to the cause.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/20237#issuecomment-2237111921