If people find this configuration too painful, we can easily disable
the checks by default but i thought it was a good way to enforce a
coherent code format. And yes, all the configuration will be moved to
a single place when all the components pass the checks.

On 7/25/07, Bruce Snyder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 7/25/07, Thomas Termin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Bruce Snyder wrote:
> > 1) Is there a reason why the maven-checkstyle-plugin is enabled in
> > many subproject level POMs instead of just in the build module POM? It
> > seems like this should be enabled in one location instead of being
> > spread throughout 14 POMs across the code base. Even the PMD ruleset
> > is only enabled in build module POM.
> I guess it is because not all components are refactored.

OK, I see now - it's a work in progress.

> See for example https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SM-933
>
> On some day there should be all components refactored and the checkstyle
> will be enabled in only one POM.
>
> > 2) It is a *major* pain to have a build fail simply because the code
> > is not formatted according to the Checkstyle and PMD conventions being
> > used in ServiceMix. So I've taken a stab at creating a code formatter
> > profile for Eclipse and some quick docs located here:
> This prevents a user to checkin stuff which is not in the correct style.
> There were a hint from Guillaume some day.

Yes, I understand, hence my creation of the Eclipse code formatter
profile. The Eclipse Checkstyle plugin (http://eclipse-cs.sf.net/)
would work as well.

A few years back I used to use an automatic code formatter with Ant,
but I can't remember the name of it now. It wasn't Jalopy but I
suppose Jalopy would work just fine. The idea with Jalopy is that it
automatically formats the code according to the coding conventions.

BTW, there's a whole list of code verifiers here:

http://javatoolbox.com/categories/code-analysers-standards-verifiers

Some will auto-reformat the source and some won't. Just thinking...

Bruce
--
perl -e 'print
unpack("u30","D0G)[EMAIL PROTECTED]&5R\"F)R=6-E+G-N>61E<D\!G;6%I;\"YC;VT*"

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/
Castor - http://castor.org/

--
Cheers,