On Fri, Nov 04, 2016 at 07:47:41PM +0530, Himanshu Joshi wrote:
>    On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 3:21 PM, William Hay <w....@ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>      On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 09:53:21AM +0530, Himanshu Joshi wrote:
>      >    I am sorry for bothering you so much William,
>      No problem.
>      >
>      >    I think rpm file is not getting installed on my system, forget
>      about
>      >    building it. i tried with other rpm file
>      >    (adobe-release-x86_64-1.0-1.noarch.rpm) required for my system,
>      which I
>      >    was sucessfully able to install with rpm -i command
>      >    The link you have shared is also not working for the
>
>      Do you mean you cannot access the link or that you encounter issues
>      following the instructions therein?
>
>    The link is fine but the file "gridengine-8.1.9-1.el6.src.rpm " was
>    successfully built with the same warning given below
>

>      >    file installation the errror is same
>      >    warning: gridengine-8.1.9-1.el6.src.rpm: Header V3 RSA/SHA1
>      Signature, key
>      >    ID 92258035: NOKEY
>      >    warning: user mockbuild does not exist - using root
>      >    warning: group mockbuild does not exist - using root
>      >    warning: user mockbuild does not exist - using root
>      >    warning: group mockbuild does not exist - using root
>      >    warning: user mockbuild does not exist - using root
>      >    warning: group mockbuild does not exist - using root
>      >    warning: user mockbuild does not exist - using root
>      >    warning: group mockbuild does not exist - using root
>
>      Those are warnings not an error.  Should be fairly harmless
>
>    After building
>
>    when I went to location /home/JPJ/sge-8.1.9/source/dist
>    an performed
>    "./inst_sge -m -x"

The src rpm builds binary RPMs.  You need to install those.  At which point
you should have a copy of gridengine installed in /opt/sge.  If you have
a preexisting build of gridengine there move it out of the way first before
installing the binary rpms.

Once you've installed it the copy of inst_sge in the /opt/sge tree should
configure the installed grid engine.

>    The error is
>     ./util/install_modules/inst_common.sh: line 74:
>    ./utilbin/lx-amd64/uidgid: No such file or directory
>    ./util/install_modules/inst_common.sh: line 75: ./utilbin/lx-amd64/uidgid:
>    No such file or directory
>    Can't find binaries for architecture: lx-amd64!
>    Please check your binaries. Installation failed!
>    Exiting installation.
>
>    Please suggest the needful

The information I requested below would be really helpful.