On Sat, Nov 05, 2016 at 10:55:38AM +0530, Himanshu Joshi wrote:
>    Redhat enterprise Linux 7.2 with X86-64 architecture
>    Please find the requested information with other relevant info
>    hostnamectl status
>       Static hostname: mbialjpj
>       Pretty hostname: MBIALJPJ
>             Icon name: computer-desktop
>               Chassis: desktop
>            Machine ID: 431da268159243088e0e02874e8d36bf
>               Boot ID: 24057a4a63554a72b9c7b4b7d9e72b74
>      Operating System: Red Hat Enterprise Linux
>           CPE OS Name: cpe:/o:redhat:enterprise_linux:7.2:GA:workstation
>                Kernel: Linux 3.10.0-327.el7.x86_64
>          Architecture: x86-64
>
>    I was able to initiate the installation but now stuck up in the same error
>    reported on October 20

>    qmaster startup script
>    ----------------------
>
>    We can install the startup script that will
>    start qmaster at machine boot (y/n) [y] >>
>
>    cp /opt/sge/default/common/sgemaster /etc/init.d/sgemaster.mbialjpj55
>    /usr/lib/lsb/install_initd /etc/init.d/sgemaster.mbialjpj55
>
>    Command failed: /usr/lib/lsb/install_initd
>    /etc/init.d/sgemaster.mbialjpj55
Does /usr/lib/lsb/install_initd exist?
On my RHEL7 box this is a relative symlink pointing to /sbin/chkconfig.
Does it exist on your machine and to what does it point?
What are the permissions on the file to which it points?

>    Probably a permission problem. Please check file access permissions.
>    Check root read/write permission. Check if SGE daemons are running.
>
>    Looking forward to receive binary packages from Dave because I do not know
>    how to look for the one which my distribution provides

Dave's packages for RHEL7 are available by downloading the file at:
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/loveshack/SGE/repo/epel-7/loveshack-SGE-epel-7.repo
and placing it in /etc/yum.repos.d
Then
yum install gridengine gridengine-qmaster gridengine-qmon gridengine-execd

These install into /opt/sge so if you do switch to using these (which will
simplify future
upgrades) then remove any grid engine install you have there first.

William