Thanks william,

On Fri, Nov 4, 2016 at 8:20 PM, William Hay <w....@ucl.ac.uk> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 04, 2016 at 07:47:41PM +0530, Himanshu Joshi wrote:
> >    On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 3:21 PM, William Hay <w....@ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
> >
> >      On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 09:53:21AM +0530, Himanshu Joshi wrote:
> >      >    I am sorry for bothering you so much William,
> >      No problem.
> >      >
> >      >    I think rpm file is not getting installed on my system, forget
> >      about
> >      >    building it. i tried with other rpm file
> >      >    (adobe-release-x86_64-1.0-1.noarch.rpm) required for my
> system,
> >      which I
> >      >    was sucessfully able to install with rpm -i command
> >      >    The link you have shared is also not working for the
> >
> >      Do you mean you cannot access the link or that you encounter issues
> >      following the instructions therein?
> >
> >    The link is fine but the file "gridengine-8.1.9-1.el6.src.rpm " was
> >    successfully built with the same warning given below
> >

> >      >    file installation the errror is same
> >      >    warning: gridengine-8.1.9-1.el6.src.rpm: Header V3 RSA/SHA1
> >      Signature, key
> >      >    ID 92258035: NOKEY
> >      >    warning: user mockbuild does not exist - using root
> >      >    warning: group mockbuild does not exist - using root
> >      >    warning: user mockbuild does not exist - using root
> >      >    warning: group mockbuild does not exist - using root
> >      >    warning: user mockbuild does not exist - using root
> >      >    warning: group mockbuild does not exist - using root
> >      >    warning: user mockbuild does not exist - using root
> >      >    warning: group mockbuild does not exist - using root
> >
> >      Those are warnings not an error.  Should be fairly harmless
> >
> >    After building
> >
> >    when I went to location /home/JPJ/sge-8.1.9/source/dist
> >    an performed
> >    "./inst_sge -m -x"
>
> The src rpm builds binary RPMs.  You need to install those.  At which point
> you should have a copy of gridengine installed in /opt/sge.  If you have
> a preexisting build of gridengine there move it out of the way first before
> installing the binary rpms.
>
> Once you've installed it the copy of inst_sge in the /opt/sge tree should
> configure the installed grid engine.
>

> >    The error is
> >     ./util/install_modules/inst_common.sh: line 74:
> >    ./utilbin/lx-amd64/uidgid: No such file or directory
> >    ./util/install_modules/inst_common.sh: line 75:
> ./utilbin/lx-amd64/uidgid:
> >    No such file or directory
> >    Can't find binaries for architecture: lx-amd64!
> >    Please check your binaries. Installation failed!
> >    Exiting installation.

Thanks, I followed your suggestion and this error is not coming any more.

> >    Please suggest the needful
>
> The information I requested below would be really helpful.
>
> >      What OS/version of Linux are you using.  The simplest way to install
> >      SoGE is to use the binary packages Dave or your distribution
> provides
> >      rather than building from source.

Redhat enterprise Linux 7.2 with X86-64 architecture

Please find the requested information with other relevant info
hostnamectl status
   Static hostname: mbialjpj
   Pretty hostname: MBIALJPJ
         Icon name: computer-desktop
           Chassis: desktop
        Machine ID: 431da268159243088e0e02874e8d36bf
           Boot ID: 24057a4a63554a72b9c7b4b7d9e72b74
  Operating System: Red Hat Enterprise Linux
       CPE OS Name: cpe:/o:redhat:enterprise_linux:7.2:GA:workstation
            Kernel: Linux 3.10.0-327.el7.x86_64
      Architecture: x86-64

I was able to initiate the installation but now stuck up in the same error
reported on October 20

qmaster startup script
----------------------

We can install the startup script that will
start qmaster at machine boot (y/n) [y] >>

cp /opt/sge/default/common/sgemaster /etc/init.d/sgemaster.mbialjpj55
/usr/lib/lsb/install_initd /etc/init.d/sgemaster.mbialjpj55

Command failed: /usr/lib/lsb/install_initd /etc/init.d/sgemaster.mbialjpj55

Probably a permission problem. Please check file access permissions.
Check root read/write permission. Check if SGE daemons are running.

Looking forward to receive binary packages from Dave because I do not know
how to look for the one which my distribution provides

Regards

--
Himanshu Joshi