Check for corrosion on the plugs on the power module and logic module.
Typically the corrosion on the power module plugs is green crud, while
on the logic module connectors it is whitish with a tinge of green.
I've had similar problems on my cars all from corrosion (mostly logic
module problems).

The code 12 says power was removed (battery disconnected).  Probably
when pushing in or wiggling the connectors, power was momentarily lost
(a sign of corrosion).

The code 34 is not for the speed control circuit on an L-body
(Omni/Charger).  On those models and prior to 87 on other models, it
is the EGR solenoid circuit is open.  Means the logic module cannot
detect a voltage change when the EGR solenoid is operated.  So there
is probably a wiring or connection fault there too, though sometimes
the solenoid itself does go bad.

Oh and for future reference, HEP pickups really should only be
purchased at the dealer.  Many from auto parts stores have failed when
new right out of the box, or go bad within a short time.

Barry