In a message dated 7/17/2005 7:07:09 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Can  anyone give me some guidance to removing the wastegate actuator arm from
the  turbo? I can't see it, reach it, etc. I need to install a new adjustable
one  from FWD performance and get it unbolted from mounts and that's all. Do
I need  to get to it from underneath or remove more stuff??? Any thoughts at
what  length to set arm at to get started?? I need to be at 15psi when  done

Thanks!!!!!

Mike (bumming at 9psi boost )
1986 GLHS#134,  repainted and restored.

Id recommend you remove your airbox, it'll be easier to see what ya  have to
do, its a pain in the ass, but its  doable..        take your  time..      2
torx bolts on the actuator and a tiny  little c clip on the arm, thats the hard
 part..         if and when ya loose the  c clip that holds the arm onto the
swingvalve flapper, you can find em at  home depot     ;)       about  35
cents and the same thing as the orignal sence I found mine after I got the  new
one on..      dead on..
I used a sharp pick that has a 45 degree angle at the end to pull  it...
reinstalling it is also  fun..          be patient and  invest in a magnetic
grabber tool
good luck and patience will go a long way..

Chris  Pauluk  - Modesto CA. - 1984 T2 Rampage "Ramlet"
_www.cardomain.com/id/pentastarturbo_
(http://www.cardomain.com/id/pentastarturbo)   -
_www.cardomain.com/id/solo2rampage_ (http://www.cardomain.com/id/solo2rampage)