From: Marc Medina [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 11:48 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: SD> worn in oil pickup

YES! Stop what you're doing!

Use a grinder and take off the plates that are welded into the oil pan.
When they are off, you'll see all the gritty stuff caked behind where
they were.
I did that AFTER having my oil pan hot tanked (twice) when I rebuilt the
engine in the Spirit, and still ended up with 1 and a half CUPS of crap
I had scraped out of the pan.

I tried the same thing with my oil pickup too, but there was still junk
in it. Just go buy one at the dealer - I think it was about $30.
Thanks,
Marc Medina - www.marcmedina.com <---- now with Shelby Dodge stuff!