Seen the gas prices? I don't get it, my Shelby dak with a new muffler got 25 MPG average. Sometimes I got over that on the highway. Thats doing REALLY well for a truck with a V8.

As for the rest of the BS. The Little Red Express is a total POS and real slow, the Shelby will blow there doors off without much effort. They are ugly with red neck BS slapped all over them and twin stacks with a gas engine? They also were one of the worst Dodge trucks made, Dodge took a dive off a cliff when they went to the 72' truck. The L Red also is a late 70s smog motor truck.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Other-Pickups-Dodge-Lil-Red-Express-little-1979-Rare-Fully-Optioned_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6197QQihZ015QQitemZ250107276901QQrdZ1

A non stock smogged out truck, aftermarket carb and wheels.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Other-Pickups-Dodge-1-2-ton-Little-Red-Express_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6197QQihZ011QQitemZ320106674499QQrdZ1

another smogged out 79' with a bunch of mods, and mud.

The V8 Mopar crowd will buy the truck in time and the Shelby people will too, so the Dak has more in its favor. In 1990 I was loking to buy a Challenger. I looked at a mint, 1970 R/T 383 car, red and perfect on a pot lot. Gas was a $1.04 gal here. I also found a mint 72 340 Rally for $2,200, it sat for 3 months and never sold. I bought my mint R/T SE 440 triple black with white and black checker board seats and 4 speaker FM AC car for a wopping $4,000. It had 75,000 origanal miles on it, never saw rain or snow. Today has ZERO rust or body damage and still wares origanal paint. The guy felt bad selling it for that outragous price, but he needed that much for a POS 78 Chevy he liked. I was later offered $105,000 for the car, and I still own it. Getting a new engine this year infact.

So toss them out the door, part them out, I need parts lol. Get rid of them because you don't want to preserve them. But when I was a kid guys in there 30s loved muscle cars big time and today they have money and they spend it. Today guys in there 20s love compacts with turbos and many others love the Shelby name. It is a matter of time. The more of them you fools throw in the trash and part out the nicer and more rare mine become. And like the fool next door to me, you'll cry buckets in time. The guy next door parted out and took a real Shelby GT 350 to the shreader. He needed $10 for gas and some guy offered him $100 for the engine, boy did he really make out when he needed the money =P Now is the time to find a nice dry spot to park one and gather the origanal parts it needs to be restored. Soon the parts will dry up and there won't be extras or remakes. When time warrents restore the car and bring it out when people can't find them anymore, which won't be long. Then refuse to give the car away, this is what happens with cars and makes them worth it. My grandpa loved the model T and for manys years even working for NASA could never afford one, that generation left and the price dropped. The Shelby Dodge compact generation is too young, but they will get older soon.

Rob Walsh
86 GLHS 76
84 DC Shelby Rampage
89 Turbo Caravan
86 Military issue Reliant turbo K wagon
70 R/T SE 440 Dodge Challenger

In a message dated 4/23/2007 6:03:33 PM Pacific Daylight Time,