On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 12:17 PM, Vincent Riquer <v.riq...@b2f-concept.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm setting up event-handlers, and some of our hosts reboot daily. So I
> defined a custom timeperiod excluding the 6:00-6:15 period:
>
> [...]
>
> Am I doing it wrong?

Hi,

I think it's due to the services on this host that are getting critical
states, and ask for active host checks, and if I'm not wrong, such checks
bypass the normal check interval.

We can set this check to be repected, but then you will get X services
alerts, so it's not really better then.
On (not so good) way for this is to remove the check_period from your
services and so let them use the same as your host, and so this triggered
heck will not happen.

Another way (better) is to use the "maintenance_period" property for theses
hosts and add a 6h->6h15 period in it. So at 6h the core will raise a
downtime, and at 6h15 it will remove it. Then it will be checks, won't break
the service/dependency logic and will not raise event handlers :)

Regards,

Jean