-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Bernie Baymiller
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2002 4:34 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: ShopTalk: What is it worth?

Jack,

I think Tom's right about that talk. You'd get a good turnout in our
retirement community. The financial businesses do it all the time...biggies
like Schwab have seminars in our Yacht Club facility (lots of different size
rooms for groups), and the independents sometimes have mini-tournaments for
groups. Most are well attended. With a little publicity in the community
newspaper and on the restaurant bulletin boards, you'd probably get a
"packed house." There are just no pro clubmakers here who seem to know or do
much beyond the basics...particularly in fitting.

If you want an ultra high speed photo of ball at impact, I can send you one
taken by Edgerton in 1938 or so, with 8 pics taken in .0004 sec. of the
impact with a Dot 100 compression balata ball. Dad used to use this in his
talks to community groups, so there's a nice write-up with it that explains
what is going on...as well as the specifics on ball diameter at each point.
It's interesting that as the ball leaves the face, it rebounds to more than
it's original dfiameter. I have this and others scanned and on CD...easy to
send as attachments, but not small files, so might have to send one or two
at a time. Also have a lot of Bobby Jones high speed pics as well as circle
graphs showing his and Jimmy Thompson's (longest hitting pro of that day)
acceleration and clubhead velocity. Man, I wish I had Bobby Jones'
swing...it is almost perfect in the strobe sequences. He just went a little
too far over parallel on top.

Bernie
Writeto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]