Sent: Friday, December 20, 2002 9:35 AM
Subject: RE: ShopTalk: What is it worth?

The best book I've seen on selling is titled Solution Selling by Mike Bosworth.    His basic premise is that people will only buy to solve their "pain", and they won't buy your product unless you can show them that it solves a problem they have.  He lays out a process for quickly identifying the buyer's pain and giving them solutions that will solve it.  One of his main points is to sell solutions, not features.  I've used the process for a couple of years in my other jobs, and it works very well.

My $.02....
Royce