The time thing was a problem, spending the time lining it up, thinking about it, backing off. There were threats to make me a single golfer from my golfing pard's.
John

That's not a problem of balance, but of putting with an aiming line. I've had the same problem. Yesterday I finally heard an explanation of Jim Furyk's strange putting routine, and it seems to be designed to combat exactly that issue. He stands over the ball for a "pre-read" impression. Then he reads the putt from behind, biased by what he felt over the ball. That way, when he gets back over the ball, he won't be surprised into second-guessing.

If I ever go back to lining up the ball, I think I'll do that. (As if golf weren't slow enough already. Yechh!)

Cheers!
DaveT

--
Thanks!