From: Graham Little
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2003 7:02 PM
Subject: ShopTalk: 20 min talk

I've taken up Tom Wishon's suggestion about preparing a 20 minute talk about what happens when the club strikes the ball and I've been doing a bit of homework. Bernie sent me a series of photos that show the full swing including the point of contact. Thanks for the photos Bernie. One of the more interesting things about two of the photos is the fact that the shaft bends back at contact. We are used to seeing photos of the shaft bending forward slightly just before impact. However, these photos show that the shaft is not just straightened at the point of contact it is actually bent back. Will this have any affect on the ball flight or is it too late to matter? Do we have to rethink issues like the shaft flex taking this into account?

Any comments? Does anyone have other photos of this sequence that may shed some light on this matter?

Cheers
Graham