Don

Based on your comment I took another look at your FitChip data. With the older software your 46" driver came out at 252 CPM. With the latest software (Used for the last two years, your data was taken maybe four years ago.) I get your driver at 241, 5 wood at 272, 5 Iron at 314 and 9 Iron at 330. I do not know where you got the 280+ number you quoted.

llhack
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2003 6:20 PM
Subject: RE: ShopTalk: How to pick torque?

Charlie:

            Granted I’m no tour player 18hcp 82-85 mph but had an interesting thing happen at the PGA show Harrison Booth. For the most part I have a base ball swing and according to Lloyd’s fitting I should have a 280+cpm shaft. I have made such and amazing hit them straight and consistent but felt like a steel rod and lost some distance. The normal driver I make the most is 225 to 235 cpm which feels well but is not that consistent. However Mike gave me a Harrison shafted driver to hit that was a senior flex with a low torque. Hit it very consistent and felt great. This is not a normal combination for a shaft.

Don Johnson