I've been playing around with taking measurements using both the Golfsmith Golf Club
Gauge (model from a couple years ago) and the Scotland L&L machine I recently
purchased (roughly 6 years old).  The Scotland lofts are based on the older 'standard'
of a 30° 5 iron, but doing the math is easy enough to measure the loft & lie.

Lie measurements come in really close, or at least close enough that I don't question
either of them.  The loft measurements are usually quite a bit different though.  The
GS gauge seems to average 2-3° stronger measurements in loft vs. the Scotland.  I
would guess that the GS gauge is inherently more accurate, but I'm questioning it at
the moments as I've now assembled 3 sets of irons since having both.  All three sets
measure strong across the board according to the GS gauge, but are almost all dead on
according to the Scotland.  I'm not so much worried about having each one dead on
spec, but I'd like them to all at least have an even loft progression of 4°, and I
need to start somewhere.

So, which do I believe?  I thought I remember reading something about the Scotlands
being off a little on their loft readings, so before I start bending, I'd like to get
some direction on which reading to trust.

Thanks,

Scott