MyKey-
I work part time at Lowe's and most of the replacement batteries are in the $40-70 range.  Also, each manufacturer has a different battery, so you have to be careful and get the right one. I'd suggest you take the old one to Sears first and see what they have. It seems like it's almost more worthwhile to buy a whole new drill!!!
Jack
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 9:37 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: ShopTalk: Batteries for Power Devices

Al T and All,
Do any of you guys have a reliable source for reasonably priced batteries for power drills etc. I have mostly Sears stuff -- who knows who made it. The batteries are done for and I am trying to find if replacements are in order or if the equipment goes in the trash.
I guess in the same light then what do you all use for these devices. I love the portable stuff because it is so convenient. But if every battery is like $40 then maybe cords are not so bad.
Inkind,
MyKey