SA2000 requires a tight fit and clean surfaces. Check that out. The white residue is simply the heated remains of the product. 100° shouldn't have been a problem. Most likely the problem is as a result of poor preparation.

TFlan

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2003 7:11 AM
Subject: RE: ShopTalk: SA 2000 contact info

I have a question regarding SA2000, which is my primary adhesive. After using a blowtorch to remove heads bonded with SA2000, I have noticed a residue of whitish crystals on the shaft. A few days ago there was a failure on two irons. An eight iron flew off the shaft and into a lake and a seven iron head could be twisted off easily by hand. On the seven-iron shaft I did not notice any residue. The shaft looked as if part A had been applied and was ready for Part B. I did of course use Part B.

Can anyone tell me what might have happened? The clubs had been stored in the trunk of a car on a day in which we broke 100 degrees.

TIA,

Hunter