Burgess,

You wrote:

> Since I am at heart a cheap bastard, I take particular pride in producing
> the best possible clubs for a true rock bottom price.  In that vein, I've
> noticed that Hireko has their Hypersteel-alike, the Catapult STS, for the
> low, low clearance price of $8.25 each.  I've considered these heads
> several times, but I don't think I've ever seen them mentioned
> here.  Anyone have any experiences to share?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Burgess

I am a dues paying memeber of the "cheap bastard' club  and I have always
struggled with the fairway woods. I bought the 16 and 19 degree STS's at the
end of last season for $8 each , and put them on Rapport Oracle plus ( $12
on sale).  After adding lead tape to the heel , which seemed to eliminate a
consistant push, I have been using them all season and have a lot more
confidence on the long approaches.  This might be the first year in five
that I haven't tried  a new fairway wood.

FWIW,
Kent