Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2003 11:27 AM
Subject: Re: ShopTalk: Again

Bernie,
I can get the super concordes for 9 bucks each. I can't find anything that I like better for less then 20 bucks. Although the Tourwood 320FW from Tour Golf @  $16 looks like a nice head, just havn't got one in to try yet. Has anyone tried the fairway 360 series?

George Huson

Bernie Baymiller wrote:
Geez, George, you're as cheap as I am. :-) Sounds like a good set make-up,
except that I don't care for the Super Concordes...was using the $6 closeout
Mars Cydonia LCGs until they ran out. I must have almost a hundred seniors
still playing the Cys...they were long and very easy-to-hit heads, though
quality was a bit suspect in a few when they closed them out (leaking mouse
glue). Have been using Bang SFs since, but am still looking for lower price,
long-hitting fairway wood heads.

Hireko has a 46" ultralight shaft (painted like a PF) called the Pro Series
Super 52 that weighs around 60 grams (though spec'd at 56 grams) and is
$16.50, I think. Might want to look at it for the driver, if you aren't
going over 47" club length. Just used it on a senior woman's set of woods
and it seemed like a pretty good shaft. Four shafts were very
consistent...all at .362"-.364" raw deflection, or about 1/2 cpm. Weights
were 59-61 grams, but felt very light when tip trimmed an inch or two. Tip
sensitivity on the L-flex was .018"-.021"...or about 4 cpm/inch. Was funny
that after I delivered the clubs, I discovered she was a West Virginia grad
and the blue Bang heads, blue wrap grips and blue/gold shaft colors are her
school colors. She did hit the clubs well, but the colors really made her
happy. If I'da known it, I should have got her some WVA headcovers, too.

I still have a couple of those old Grafalloy SoLites in my inventory, too.
Have the S-flex and they are really boardy feeling to me. Hate 'em. A good
70-year old friend with a very hard swing likes them a lot, so I've been
saving them for repairs...he's bound to break a couple of those 54 gram
shafts sooner or later the way he swings down at a ball.

Bernie
Writeto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]