That's exactly what I did. See I do learn from you guys> :-)Pat McGoldrick--On Target Golf
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2003 10:54 PM
Subject: Re: ShopTalk: FUJIKURA RESHAFT

In a message dated 9/24/03 10:45:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I just finished pulling the head and I have to tell you that ranks up there with the 975's as one of the most difficult heads to pull

Here's a tip: Drill out the shaft plug, heat a metal rod that fits into the tip, while heated rod is in place heat the head concentrating on heel portion. Now crank off the head. It will come off leaving the "deep ferrule " on the shaft. Now you can slide off the ferrule (maybe with a little help fron the extractor) Save the ferrule and reuse it.