Date: Monday, October 13, 2003 2:48:59 PM
Subject: RE: ShopTalk: Residual Bend N plane - Steel Shafts

The modulus of elasticity for the low carbon steel and higher carbon steel is basically the same. It is the yield stress that is significantly different and would have no affect on frequency differences. The only thing left is out of round and a material thickness difference at the weld that would affect frequency at different positions around the shaft.

llhack