I am a believer.  My old driver was a 260cc, 9.5 degree lofted driver with a regular flex Maltby graphite shaft, 44 inches in length.  (I have been swinging that length for twenty plus years.)
I switched to a Wishon 915, 360cc Driver with a 10* loft.  Same regular flex (only a few frequency points difference from the old driver). Both drivers are the same swingweight.  I do not remember the total weight figures.
Anyways, I have picked up about 12 to 15 yards in length.  I am now over 270.
My swing speed is between 93 and 97 MPH.
P.S.  There is one nasty sand trap that I visited frequently.  I always seemed to fall into it.  It is elevated from the tee box.  My old distance should have carried to trap, but due to the elevation, I seemed to find myself down in the bottom. Now, I fly over it, and have not visited it since I switched.  Yes, the distance is a partial factor, but the increased altitude of my shot allows the shot to soar over the top as it carries the dog leg and sets up an easy lofted iron to the green.
Ed