I was hitting it fairly straight, with an occasional fade.  I'll try moving the ball closer into the center of my stance and see what results I get.  I figured there was something to the club's configuration that was creating the frustrating trajectory.

Doug Audirsch
H 281-354-6778
C 281-389-9421
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://dougaudirsch.tripod.com

>From: Corey Bailey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Re: ShopTalk: Fitting Question
>Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 01:30:27 -0800
>
>Hi Doug,
>It sounds like you are coming up into the ball on the upswing which
>is usually desirable but tends to increase loft some. I wonder if
>the head is ahead of the shaft at impact which can further increase
>loft.
>What's the other parameters of the ball flight? Are you hitting more
>of a draw with this club? Moving it back in your stance can help
>some but the risk is pushing the ball towards a slice.
>
>Best,
>
>CB
>

>At 11:14 PM 10/25/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>
>>Shoptalkers:
>>
>>I have a seemingly simple fitting question concerning a club I put
>>together recently. When I hit the ball, I almost always have a
>>trajectory that is far higher than normal for me (which is fairly
>>high already). The shots are so high, I get no distance from them.
>> Normally, I can hit about 250 on a "good" swing with my driver.
>>With this club, its about 150!! I have not hit a club with this
>>kind of consisten result before. I've had my fair share of
>>high-flying shots that gain no distance, but on this club it's
>>every shot. So this brings me to my question. What things do I
>>need to look at adjusting? The measured loft of the head is 10.5*
>>which is around what I normally hit, the shaft is 45" long, also
>>typical for me. I am putting the ball at the same position in my
>>stance as I normally do (off the inside of the left foot - I'm RH).
>> The head is a PowerBilt GrandSlam 230cc and the shaft is a UST
>>ProForce .350 tip stiff! . What is happening? I am at a loss as
>>to why this club, which I was very eager to try out, is sending the
>>golf ball nearly vertical?!?!
>>TIA
>>
>>Doug Audirsch

>>Never get a busy signal
>>because you are always connected with high-speed Internet access.
>>Click here to comparison-shop providers.

Fretting that your Hotmail account may expire because you forgot to sign in enough? Get Hotmail Extra Storage today!