John.... (neat post)  Perhaps you didn't give us all the background, but if I read what appears to be a trick question correctly ..."What did the player score?".. one could not come close to an answer, unless the par of the hole was known, as well as how many putts the player took to finish after he finally reached the green (and stayed on it).

What else am I missing...aside from possible rules disqualifications...?

Jim