Mark A Patton

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Mats Bengtsson
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2004 7:22 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: ShopTalk: Conversion factors

I think you haven't been checking the mac market for a while. I don't
think you can find many accessories that don't work on a mac. It's
almost always so that it's easier to get something to work on a Mac
than on a Win system.
Bluetooth is one of them.
It took me about 5 min to get my SE T68i to talk to my Powerbook, so
that I could use adressbook on the computer to make calls.
My friend tried to connect his phone to his PC. After 2 hours he gave
up, he was missing a couple of drivers.
I agree that a Mac are a bit more expensive that a PC, but it has
longer lifespann and the cost for support are a lot less, i.e if a
company buys Mac it's a bigger investment but in the long run it evens
out pretty nice.

It's a bit of topic but still.

Now any day our courses around here open, I hope!!!

Mats B
Karlstad

2004-04-13 kl. 09.02 skrev Greg Vincent:

> Sure Mac is nice....if you like paying double for software and triple
> for
> accessories...and if you like throwing out perfectly good monitors with
> obsolete computers, and if you like supporting proprietary monopolizing
> corporate greed, ala Microsoft...Apple never could find a way to open
> its
> code and maintain it's 6% market share...LOSERS

---