Hey TFlan,

Had the same thing about a month ago.  Guy asked me to reshaft his Srixon with TX-90 "R".  I asked how he knew they would work for him.  He said "because I hit the heck out of them now".  OK...well.. you shouldn't... "oh yeah, I hit 'em great and that's what I want".  OK...reshafted the taper tips with TX-90 "R".   "They're too stiff!  They aren't like my parallel tip set".  Well... duh.. they're taper tip and you got what you asked for, straight from the manufacturer.  "Would you believe I put them on a deflection board and they came out "stiff"?"... OK.. what's your point?

Cub
----- Original Message -----
From: tflan
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2005 7:24 AM
Subject: Re: ShopTalk: demo day

Hell, I'm retired and I still get this stuff. Guys want to watch how I work, whether its loft and lie, reshafting, spining, anything. "Hey Flan, what's the best way to get a shaft out of a driver? I'll bring it to you in a couple days." Sure thing.

A couple weeks ago a guy had me adjust lofts and lies on his Mizunos. A week later he called to tell me that a friend checked the angles on his machine and they didn't match the numbers derived on my machine (a Scotland). "So what's the problem?" I asked. The guy said the numbers should match. "Why?" I responded. The guy didn't have an answer so I provided one. A man with two clocks can never be certain of the time. "Are you hitting the irons well?" Yes. "Do you get the ball flight you want?" Yes. "Do you want to change the angles?" No.

Then why the hell are you calling me?

TFlan